Renovation of the boiler room of a hospital
Reinva has carried out the renovation of the boiler room of a hospital in the south of Spain, with the supply of a steam boiler with a production of 860 kg for this area. The boiler room renovated by the company, specializing in the commissioning and maintenance of thermal and steam installations, also includes insulation and all the accessories, including the purge tank, the purge expansion tank and all the steam supply pipe to hospital sterilization room.
The thermal and steam engineering functions at the hospital are particularly focused on the objectives of energy efficiency and reliability of the installation, which requires demanding operating parameters, such as the minimization of installation downtime.
Renovation of the boiler room of a hospital. Hospitals in general have several hot water systems for domestic applications and water heating. Within this framework, the renovation process usually begins from the moment those responsible for the maintenance of the facilities become aware of the obsolescence of the equipment and the insufficient performance of the hot water generators. The excessive maintenance costs of a facility give the alarm signal that it is necessary to update the equipment, often oversized for the required operation.
Instant steam generation
In the field of hospitals, one of the most common demands is the adaptation to the specific needs of the installation of instantaneous steam generators. And on visits to the facilities, our technicians occasionally observe that the hot water tanks and pipes emit heat to the outside environment if the equipment and facilities are not well insulated, with the loss of heat and efficiency that this entails.
Steam plants provide this element for hot water for the installation, heating, sterilization systems and kitchen equipment, but sometimes the thermal power is lost in the tunnels that connect the facilities spread over several buildings.
In this field of hospitals, Reinva’s range of products and services is aimed at maximizing the efficiency of its steam systems from the boiler room, to the distribution system and the condensate recovery system.
Steam applications in hospitals
Our Engineering and technical department areas focus their value proposition on devising practical solutions and advising professionals in hospital facilities to accompany them in the process of improving energy efficiency in order to optimize the performance and reliability of the applications they use. steam in hospitals.
Reinva work areas in hospital facilities
- Steam generation. Steam generation or upgrade of hot water generators to reduce maintenance. Some installations require considerable volumes of hot water available quickly. In this case, compact instantaneous steam installations are an appropriate energy efficiency response.
- Heat recovery. Combustion air preheaters are considered one of the best energy efficiency technologies, as they take care of recovering heat from exhaust gases for reuse in the boiler burner or combustion chamber. Preheaters not only recover process heat (saving fuel) but also reduce polluting emissions.
- Automatization and control. Reinva offers its customers products and services to automate energy facilities and boiler rooms, through the instrumentation and control of their equipment from a SCADA system that provides in real time all the information generated through sensors and actuators and allows control its management.
- Maintenace of the installations and equipment. Maintenance is one of the most importance to achieve optimal operation of all equipment, especially in boilers and burners to avoid incidents and stoppages that interrupt the work of steam generation. An optimal set-up of the equipment is required to maintain a reliable response.
- Spare parts and after-sales services. Technical and personal support: After-sales services guarantee the optimal functioning of the operations and equipment that are critical in the steam generation processes, and make it possible for them to be safe and reliable. Our portfolio of spare parts has the equipment and accessories so that steam installations work optimally and without interruption.